Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Purchase Ledger Clerk Apprentice at Hancocks in Loughborough
Scope and Purpose of Role:
Work with the leading UK sweets and chocolates wholesaler to independent businesses as an Apprentice Purchase Ledger Clerk. Assist the Purchase Ledger Supervisor in the smooth running of the department and consistently achieve the service and product delivery standards for the department with a high degree of customer care and service at all times.
Hancocks is a confectionery cash and carry. Our huge confectionery range includes branded chocolate and sweets, wholesale pick and mix sweets, all manner of children’s sweets and seasonal confectionery for occasions such as Christmas, Easter and Halloween.
Hancocks is the biggest confectionery wholesaler in the UK with 20 cash and carries nationwide and an online wholesale sweets shop serving the UK. Established in 1962, Hancocks Cash and Carry has been serving sweet shops and independent retailers across the UK and abroad for many decades. Each confectionery cash and carry stocks in excess of 5,000 branded and own label.
- Maintain all administration systems and procedures in the Purchase Ledger Office and Assist and support the Purchase Ledger Supervisor as necessary.
- Develop internal relationships with all depots and external customer relationships showing flexibility in a prompt and helpful manner.
- Process invoices including the matching, batching and coding.
- Complete statement reconciliations.
- Produce any company standard reports to deadlines as required by the Purchase Ledger Supervisor.
- Ensure the company standards that are set within the Accounts Audits are adhered to.
- To be the point of contact for suppliers, customers and in house team on purchase ledger discrepancies, issues or queries.
- To liaise with other departments to ensure a seamless transition of information.
- Confidence to ensure that all enquiries are handled in an effective knowledgeable manner to our clients.
- Maintain and record an up to date database where appropriate,
- To take responsibility for your own personal development by attending training sessions and meetings when required and to operate in line with the training or information received.
- To achieve actions points arising out of appraisals and job chats and departmental short term objectives.
- Support and contribute as a key member of the Hancocks Team.
- To adhere to company H&S and rules at all times.
- Excellent attitude
- Good work ethic
- Keen on progressing in a career with accountancy
- GCSE Maths C (desirable B+)
- Able to work in a team
Location: 25 Jubilee Drive, Loughborough, Leicestershire, LE11 5TX
348 total views, 3 today