Not sure which apprenticeship to apply for? Click here.
Apprentice HR Assistant at IPG Mediabrands in Clerkenwell
First, let’s talk about what we’re not. We’re not a network that is limited by our size, outdated procedures or our structure. We’re not too proud or stratified to recognize the power of collaboration – in fact, we encourage it. We’re not satisfied with maintaining the status quo because we are already planning for tomorrow’s challenges and innovations. We are IPG Mediabrands, a new world agency group designed with dynamic marketing at its core. We are 8,500 marketing communication, media and technology specialists in over 130 countries. We are a diverse group of innovators, technologists, designers, scientists, musicians, strategists, buyers, thinkers, planners and mathematicians that are committed to building new solutions for the world’s top brands.
The IPG Mediabrands UK umbrella includes local agencies UM London and Initiative UK, and its roster of speciality services including Orion, Rapport, Magna Global and Mediabrands Digital (Cadreon, Reprise Media, Ansible and Society). In the UK we manage and invest over £1 billion for some of the country’s largest companies and employ over 450 people in our St. John’s Square headquarters in Clerkenwell, the creative heart of London. We have an additional 200 people in offices in Leeds, Peterborough and Bristol.
We are dynamic, empowered and entrepreneurial.
About the team
The UK & Ireland HR team supports all UK & Ireland employees in our regional HQ in London, as well as our agencies based in Leeds and Bristol. The team is comprised of: Head of HR for UK & Ireland, 2 HRBP’s (currently recruiting for this role), 2 HR Advisors, HR Apprentice (this role!), 2 Talent Acquisition Managers, Talent Acquisition Advisor, Reward Manager, Reward Assistant and L&D Manager. We work alongside the EMEA team.
About the role
We are looking for an Apprentice with superb administrative skills and a passion for HR to join our fast-paced, fun and friendly team. You will understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion, have a service-minded approach and be happy working in a matrix structure across our team. We work in an industry where things are continually changing and evolving so you will need to be flexible and adaptable. Working in a team where Business Partners, Learning and Development, Reward and Talent Acquisition all sit and work closely together, this is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain a broad understanding in their first role in HR.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Starter & Leaver Administration:
- Ensure employees’ right to work is checked on their first day and copies of the relevant documentation is kept in their HR file.
- Track probation dates and send reminders to line managers and HR Advisors and Business Partners.
- Draft and send probationary period confirmation emails/letters liaising with HR Advisors and Business Partners to determine correct communication.
- Book in exit interviews and send exit interview survey to leavers.
- Draft relevant letters for leavers confirming their leaver details, liaising with HR Advisors and Reward team to confirm holiday accrual, benefits etc.
- Ensure that all company property is returned from leavers prior to final payment being authorised.
HR System Administration:
- Main contact for absence management system queries (holidays, sickness, etc.)
- Responsibility for administration of our performance management system, running reports when required including goal setting, training needs, appraisals and grades.
- Use the HR Dashboard to pull together key metrics for the team in order to provide recommendations on HR initiatives using these insights.
- Keep accurate records of employees’ right to work for Immigration purposes, including keeping the HR Immigration spreadsheet up to date.
- Assist HR Advisors with checking and monitoring visas during the annual immigration audit.
- Support the L&D Manager with UK training administration including booking of courses, rooms and catering, and raising PO’s.
- Ensure all employees are enrolled and have completed the Code of Conduct training.
- Work with the L&D Manager to ensure our learning management system is updated with all training courses booked and attended.
- Send out and collate training feedback forms and provide data to the L&D Manager.
- Provide administrative support with the IPA CPD annual accreditation.
- Coordinate new starter inductions with IT, Finance and Legal.
- Responsible for the administration of the monthly Company Induction including booking of relevant rooms and organising catering.
- Follow up from induction – sending employees the presentation and obtaining feedback as and when required.
- Respond to reference requests for previous employees and provide employment references for current employees for letting agents, banks etc.
- Provide letters for visa applications and business invitation letters for foreign travel.
- Maintain team stationery levels, re-ordering when required
- Minute taking at the HR team meetings.
- Ad-hoc team assistance for away days, team events etc.
- Passionate about a career in HR and can articulate the role of HR in the business
- Office/admin experience is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong aptitude for IT systems
- Confident interacting with people at all levels of seniority
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness
- Have a high regard for confidentiality
- Flexible and can adapt to manage new priorities as they arise
- Able to use initiative to problem solve
- Organised and efficient
- Honest and open
- Good relationship-building skills
About the apprenticeship programme
- You will be working towards a professional apprenticeship qualification which includes studying for your Level 3 CIPD
- You will spend around 20% of your time studying towards your apprenticeship with our apprenticeship delivery partner, Arch Apprentices
- You will be focusing on key areas of study within HR Support:
- Understanding organisations and the role of HR
- Developing yourself as an effective HR Practitioner
- Resourcing Talent
- Recording, Analysing and using Human Resources information
- Supporting good practice in performance and reward management
- Supporting good practice in Managing Employment Relations
- Towards the end of your apprenticeship programme, you will be put forward for an end-point assessment where you will be assessed and graded for overall performance and achieve a Level 3 HR Support qualification
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future. You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this, there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office closes between Christmas & New Year
- Group Income Protection after 2 years
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Enhanced family-friendly policies
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions up to 6%
- Free breakfast
- Early finish Fridays
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Plus a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including Private Medical Insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Gym Flex, and many more!
42-46 St Johns Square, London, EC1M 4EA
1296 total views, 4 today